Hello! This is our public blog, but we are now posting on our private blog. Please keep this as the link on your own blog so that we can still be found by old friends. This blog has an open-comment policy to allow anyone to leave their email and request an invite. So if you're not invited - just ask me! It also has a link for you to come right over to our private blog where you can find out what we're up to.



Thanks! Garrett & Shelly

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Beautiful Gardner

Tiny fingers in your hand
It wasn't long ago
Like a seed showered with love
I began to grow
Then all at once, in the blink of an eye
I became who I am today
But I remember all the little moments
And the big part that you played

You planted me in sunshine,
Sprinkled me with kisses
Held my hand as we crossed those roads
And you granted all my wishes
Protect me from the rain and snow
Point me to the light
And on top of all the other things
That you have done just right
You are,
A beautiful gardner,
Mother

Daisies and daffodils
Even though they're small
They grace the world with such a gift
Standing beautiful and tall
I'm proud to be who you've grown me to be
And there's a tiny piece of you
That I can see inside of me
As I begin to bloom

Planted me in sunshine,
Sprinkled me with kisses
Held my hand as we crossed those roads
And you granted all my wishes
Protect me from the rain and snow
Point me to the light
And on top of all the other things
That you have done just right
You are,
A beautiful gardner,
Mother

Time moves on
That's the way life grows
And all the while
I look up to a beautiful rose

You know it's true
What they say
The seed never falls far
And I can say I'm proud to be
The seed of your heart
Care for me and watch me grow
As I unfold my petals
And nothing can unearth this bond
For a mother's love is special

Planted me in sunshine,
Sprinkled me with kisses
Held my hand as we crossed those roads
And you granted all my wishes
Protect me from the rain and snow
Point me to the light
And on top of all the other things
I give thanks for at night
Is you,
My beautiful gardner,
My mother



What a fun first Mother's Day!
Being a mom is the best thing in
the world, next to being a
daughter and grand-daughter.
Thank you to all the women in my life,
I love you so much!
But mostly thank you to Garrett for
giving me the gift of motherhood and
for making this Mother's Day
SO special.
I love you so much!!

Julia - 8 months

1 comment:

sheryl said...

I left a comment before... somehow they don't work!
I said... I love you! You are amazing! Love your family and thanks for the wonderful mothers day. Love your song, it is even better when you sing it.