Hello! This is our public blog, but we are now posting on our private blog. Please keep this as the link on your own blog so that we can still be found by old friends. This blog has an open-comment policy to allow anyone to leave their email and request an invite. So if you're not invited - just ask me! It also has a link for you to come right over to our private blog where you can find out what we're up to.



Thanks! Garrett & Shelly

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This is for my mom.



This is in response to my mom's request for more updates.
If I could update in one honest sentence I'd say:
"Garrett and I are still so much in love and leaning on
each other more every day because life in AZ has been
our most difficult experience so far, but it's good."


PA school is stressful, frustrating, tear-inducing
and worth it all in one.
I'm struggling, it's true, but I'm getting
through and doing well.
I had a test the other day that covered 3 lectures,
so the night before I was reviewing and put in 7 hours..
I didn't even get through 3/4 of the material!
.. and I have 9 classes! It's just a lot but
THANK GOODNESS for good friends who help
me through and keep me laughing, and
everyone knows I would have given up
long ago without my #1 SUPPORT SYSTEM- Garrett
What a gem.

When I died my hair recently I was delusional
with the thought that it was brown. My friends had
me take a picture with them just so I would
snap out of it and realize.. I'm still blonde :)


I got a new bike to ride to school, and we put some
awesome huge baskets on the back for my school junk.
I feel like I'm in a time warp when I ride it
and I like it. Isn't it pretty? Garrett got an early
Christmas present from his awesome
Grandma - a bike of his own - and now we can ride
our bikes together with Laces too - it's
great for the whole family!


A few weekends ago we had a giant
thunder storm and the lightning was like a
strobe light show in our back yard!
We sat in the backyard for a bit
just talking and catching up.
We deemed it a perfect date.


This is how Laces experiences thunder storms.
She hides in the corner :(


So all my friends at PA school are FANTASTIC cooks.
We share recipes on our blog
"brains and bon bons" - the link is in my list :)
They introduced me to spaghetti squash
as a substitute for rice or noodles
so I bought my own delightful little squash
way back at the beginning of August.. and unfortunately
didn't try to cook it until mid-October!
Oops it started sprouting! Can we say
JACK AND THE BEAN STALK! AAH!



So we threw a little party to make home-made pizzas and
practice our Head Exams on eachother's husbands
(what a party huh?) and luckily Jeanna and Sara came
to my rescue and showed me how to make
good spaghetti squash.
And on that note - IT IS DELICIOUS. Garrett and I
like it with a dash of Picatta sauce (add some chicken)
or just a bit of butter. Yum.




and the pizza - making, head-examining party was a blast!
Thanks to the boys for being up for 5 different strange girls
looking in their ears and up their noses!


It'll be over sooner than we all think :)



9 comments:

Amy said...

You and Garrett are so dang cute together! I can't believe how big Lacee has gotten! I am so proud of all you guys are doing! Hang in there girl! Your doing great!

Ashlye and Quinn said...

Smelly! I miss you so much. I am so proud of you! Wish you could come down for my shower... Love you tons. Tell Garret we said hi!

Annie said...

Hang in there Shelly!!! We love you guys!!!

Melissa said...

I'm so proud of you Shells!! What a woman. You are doing so good, and you are BEAUTIFUL. WOW. You are! Garrett is one lucky man, don't ever let him forget that. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see you in Dec! Love YOU SHELL!

Stephanie said...

Hey thanks for the hair tips. I didn't even know you had a blog, I am happy I know now.

Angie Williams said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! It's been so long. I'm glad to see you are doing well. Where are you going to school? That's awesome you will be a PA; you sound busy but I'm sure it will be oh so worth it!

Ray and Dani said...

Shelly!! I miss you guys! Hopefully we can get together over thanksgiving or christmas or something. But I just read your hair comment on Stephanie and Daniels blog... I didn't even know you were trying to grow it out! But I can tell by the pictures that it is getting longer. And I totally feel your pain on the "awkward" stage of hair. I feel like mine has been in that stage FOREVER! And sorry about your little mishap with your hair being wacked off, but I'm sure you make it look faculous... you always do!

sheryl said...

I love the brown hair! LOL It really is a good color. I love your bike too. Dad and I want to get one for Christmas...maybe. :) What kind did you get? I am also happy to know you are still having fun. You are right, this too shall pass. And your hard work will mean you pass too. I find it amazing there are so many females in your class. How many total girls and boys?

Jorgensen's said...

Shelly! you are so pretty! keep up the good work! it'll be so worth it!! hope all is well!